I hope that you are enjoying the festive holiday season! I know that the Holiday Party at the yacht club really helped me get into the Christmas spirit. I want to thank the watch crew of Rick & Sandi Rezinas and Jim & Char Quandt. They really outdid themselves with the fabulous decorations and food! It warmed us all up a bit to get into some tropical clothing and just imagine that we were some place sunny and dry!
I am in the midst of getting everything arranged for our Change of Watch coming up on January 15th. I will be gathering those of you that offered to help me soon so we can put the finishing touches on the decorations. Please check our website for updates.
It has been a busy year for our club. I want to mention just a few of our many accomplishments:
- We finally got the lease amended so that we can officially say that we own our clubhouse and only lease the land.
- We also got a very detailed appraisal of our building, thanks to Mary Weeding’s cousin. It was very helpful in getting the proper amount of insurance.
- The main meeting room at the club got a fresh coat of paint at the spring clean-up and we have received many compliments on how nice it looks.
- Mary Weeding has created a new website which will enable us to keep everyone current on what is happening at the club.
- The social calendar was filled with many fun events that were all well attended.
I feel that we had a productive year and it was because all of you are so willing to help share all of the duties it takes to keep our club running smoothly. I want to thank each of you for being so kind and patient with me this year during my command.
This will be my last column as your Commodore. I have every confidence in the 2011 Board of Officers and I want to wish them all a happy and successful year. Fred has some great ideas for his term as Commodore and I’m sure you will be there to help him implement them.
I want to wish you all a very merry holiday season and hope that 2011 brings us all peace and joy!Fair Winds, Barb Hager, Commodore AKA “The Hammer”