PTYC is a fun-loving club with a focus on boating activities, education and water safety seminars, and social events. The club membership currently consists of about 100 membership families and new members join every year. Boat ownership is not a prerequisite to joining, nor is mooring your boat in Port Townsend.
Our members are split 50/50 between sail and power, and moor boats locally in Port Townsend Boat Haven and Point Hudson, Port Hadlock, Port Ludlow, John Wayne Marina, Cape George, and Bridgehaven, with additional members residing up and down the Pacific coast.
Members enjoy friendship, access to local boating knowledge and a wide range of activities, including group cruises. We welcome new members, visiting boaters via our reciprocal program and community members with an interest in boating.
Join Us Today!
Dues are $250 per year and one-time initiation fee is $250.
Step 1: (can be in any order)
• Applicant(s) must attend a club event or meeting
• Applicant(s) sends completed application with dues and initiation fee to Treasurer.
• Applicant(s) please provide a digital photo(s) in jpg or png format.
• Treasurer notifies Vice Commodore of application and emails a copy
• Vice Commodore emails a copy of the application to the Membership Committee
• Member of the Membership Committee interviews applicant(s) in person or by phone
• Membership Committee receives interview and approves sending to membership
• A summary of the interview is sent to the membership to introduce the applicant(s)
• Membership has 7 days for questions and comment
• After 7 days, the Vice Commodore forwards applicants to the Board for a vote of approval
• After vote, the Secretary sends a welcome letter and membership cards
Membership application below includes information on dues and initiation fee. For further information contact: email@example.com.
Membership-Application (MS Word)