We have centralized our business and communications through a new website spearheaded by Lisa Brandes, whose countless hours and dedication have now made:
1) Each of the Board position tasks easier;
2) Improved our recordkeeping;
3) Drew in new members and
4) Eased our ability to communicate.
1) We modified our membership options;
2) began looking for other venues for club gatherings;
3) placed our building for sale to recoup our costs for maintenance and the significant building improvements completed in recent years.
4) We will be trying out new venues in the coming year to see if they fit our needs
Dale Moses spearheaded the Boating Experience Workshops, which help us share our boating knowledge with each other and the boating community. Thanks to the scholarship committee’s work, we are also exploring how we can obtain a charitable tax deduction for our scholarship contributions.
Thanks to Wendy Weeks, we are seeking cruise captains for 2024 who will be traveling by power boat and sailboat, to make sure cruising destinations and trip planning meet the needs of both. We also plan to encourage “land yachts” to join us for all or portions of these cruises.
I want to extend a special thanks to Darren O’Brien, our past Commodore, for his leadership through the past year and to all the board members in 2023. It has been such a pleasure to work with the board, who guided us through these changes carefully and thoughtfully.
It has also been a pleasure to meet our newest members in my role as Vice Commodore. Each new and current member brings something special and unique to our organization. I am proud of how welcoming we are to all our members.
We look forward to a wonderful and varied set of cruising opportunities, special gatherings and, most of all, important friendships, that make this organization so meaningful and fun to be a part of.
"There is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” Kenneth Grahame